Tell us about your boat!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

What year is your boat, and did you buy it new or used???

2017 or newer
13%
2010-2016
19%
2000-2009
13%
older than 2000
10%
I bought it new
25%
I bought it used
19%

Total votes: 68

Horsepen

Re: Tell us about your boat!

#16 Post by Horsepen » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:30 am

JerryTx wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:12 am
Rick,

Thanks for posting this, I had planned on getting a power top, since that would make it easier for me to do. But we will be going back in our slip every time, so it will be going down at the end of the run, also would be easier. I would have never thought to ask the "how fast can the top go when up" question. One more thing in my memory bank.
Hi, Jerry. I had the same issue you are having with with your Bimini. When using the boat and wanting the top “up”, I had to exit my boathouse, get out into the main cove and manhandle it up. Any kind of wind created two issues. First, it made raising the top mush more difficult and second, I always had to watch for other boats or drifting into shore or shallow water.
I solved both problems by having the roof of my boathouse raised about 18”. Now, the top stays up all summer and my life is much simpler.
Having this done was not a major undertaking since the boathouse has a flat metal roof supported by 8 steel pipe legs. The dock guy simply cut the legs and welded in a length of pipe which fit nicely over the ends of the existing pipe legs.