positioning on lift

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

JerryTx

Re: positioning on lift

#16 Post by JerryTx » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:58 am

Thanks Bob,

Yeah it is coming together, we have to decide what we want to build out on the deck, gonna run water & elec of course. The upper deck is "almost safe" level, there's been a couple flood levels that got up to there, which is 4' above normal pool. Would have made it higher, but then it screws with my ramp angles, as I kept the lower level at 2ft above water. My plan is to have a remote for the lift, and raise the boat up ~6-8" inches to stabilize her and be level with the dock. From what I gathered, the deck at the port gates tend to be around 18" above water, depending on boatload of variables.

Not a bad thought on the lift mounts. We are going over there around mid Sept and I'll talk it over with the builder.. I'm sure he'll say it's fine, but worth talking about.

TDJ2591

#17 Post by TDJ2591 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:19 am

Jerry,
Is that the False River Lake in Pointe Coupee Parish near New Roads, LA? If so, I spent many hours skiing, boating and bass fishing on “Lake PooPoo” many years ago when I was much younger. I recall that it’s about 11 miles long, so not really a small lake but certainly not huge.
[color=#4000FF]2005 Crest Caribbean 25'
2006 Honda 135hp 4 stroke[/color]

JerryTx

#18 Post by JerryTx » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:19 am

TDJ,

Yes you are correct. My b-i-l's family has had their camp for many decades and he & my sis have bought out other inheritors and own it outright. We've been there many times and enjoy the area, haven't been able to get on the water yet as they have a ski boat and not accessible, so I am looking forward to doing that. Yeah, they are trying to get rid of the Lake PooPoo moniker, actually enforcing septic system rules now. Your memory is right, it's 11 miles long, not small, but we are around some big lakes around here, so my view is a little skewed.

TDJ2591

#19 Post by TDJ2591 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:12 pm

I recall helping a friend move furniture into his camp on the island side. I was manhandling a heavy recliner and accidentally stepped backwards off the raised deck, which lacked a railing. When I hit the ground the chair landed on my chest and I was soon headed to the Pointe Coupee hospital for my broken ribs.

Lots and lots of fun times on that lake. Work took us away from La 30 years ago but I still have family there. I try to take the boys fishing for redfish and speckled trout in the La marsh each fall. I hope you enjoy it! We most miss the food and boiled crawfish in the spring.
[color=#4000FF]2005 Crest Caribbean 25'
2006 Honda 135hp 4 stroke[/color]

Rick McC.

#20 Post by Rick McC. » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:20 pm

JerryTx wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:49 am
Oooh, just had another thought, dangerous I know.

If I need just a little more to have my engine covered, what's the thought on moving the bunks more forward, allowing me to get the engine closer to the cross member? Am I now pushing the envelope? Might need a math major to figure out loading for me.

Jerry
Oh you can fish fine over hand rails; it gives you a place to rest your rod.

Your loading thoughts seem fine to me. 👍
Rick

Sights are for the unenlightened.