Damm it's been quite here

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Damm it's been quite here

#1 Post by HandymanHerb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:16 pm

Damm it's been quite here, how's everybody doing, myself I went form standing beside the road with my will work for food sign to being threatened if you can't get the job done now I get someone else.

Ain't life great, you go from nothing to 20 people all wanting you at the same time, but at least most of my customers know I will give them a good price and a good job and wait on me if they can.

So far this week I retiled a bath, painted some on 2 houses and helped paint a condo, working on an estimate to replace all the A/C duck work in a house this Friday or Saturday, Friday if I get the soffit painted early enough if the wind don't stop me again.

Besides that I'm just being lazy.

Oh I forgot like I didn't have enough going I called computer support saying I couldn't to a system restore and she had me do a machine restore because she didn't know anything and wiped everything off my computer, great another month getting every back the way you like.

Damm I need some toon time
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

HORSINAROUNDWV

ok...I'll bite

#2 Post by HORSINAROUNDWV » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:21 pm

OK..Herb, I am with you...I am tire of checking in and nothing fun!!!
Here is my world. My favorite (ok...second favorite) lake is shrinking as we speak(type) Summersville Lake in WV is beautiful. Clear water, rock cliffs, plenty of no wake to get away from the asses...I love it. My friends and I went on our first all girls trip 2 weeks ago. .. water fine. My husband and I went this past Sunday ...down 3 feet. A fishing buddy of my husband's called last night...down 6 feet. This SUCKS... I am just getting addicted to this pontoon thing and they take the nicest closest lake away. My husband is fishing there this Sunday and they had to move the put-in ramp because the one they were going to use will be unusable. I understand the drought thing...but explain to me the thunderstorms we have been having...don't they count for anything???
I know I am being petty, be-atching about my boating being hurt when there is flooding and serious drought everywhere else. I feel for my Ohio neighbors. In addition, there is a hay crisis because of the weather and the hay that used to cost me $800 a truck is now $1100.
So...on the bright side...at least I DO own a pontoon now. I am going to use some of this time to do some cleaning on the boat. So...on the "other" forum...there are several opinions to cleaning and preserving seats. Anyone want to weigh in on a cleaner and protectant system? And of course the best place to get it. I did the "toons with the Toon Brite stuff...help some but I still have some streaking..I was going to try the ac coil cleaner (if I can find it) Opinions?
ok...time to get back to work. Ya'll write back :lol:
21 foot 1997 Suntracker Fishin' Barge
40 hp Mercury 2 stroke
2006 Explorer or 2004 Ranger (whoever wins the fight that day)

Heatman

#3 Post by Heatman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Herb, Glad to hear work has picked up for you. How is the new home market down there? Here in Indy the permits are down 50% from 2 years ago. I work in the HVAC field on new homes and have been doing so for 20 years. Can't remimber this slow of a summer in a long time and we have about 50% of the market share around here. It really sucks having to tell your guys there is no work in the summer. I hate to think about what the winter will be like .
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#4 Post by HandymanHerb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Hasn't picked but I'm getting almost a full week lately, the new houses are dead here, still building Condo apartments even though there too many of them and a few that we were working on to convert to condos switched back to apartments for rent.

Next week I might be out there with my sign again, we got a back-load of 2 years of new houses so that's means all the guys that were doing new are out there going after remodeling and repair they wouldn't do any other time

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#5 Post by HandymanHerb » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:38 am

Now to get back to the issue, do not use to strong of a coil cleaner, you will etch and incease the surrface area to be cleaned, better to find a truck stop near you that polishes aluminum, take off all the goodies that the buffing wheel will be near and then shark hide it and it will last years.