Anyone have issues with Premier?

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

JenParmley

Anyone have issues with Premier?

#1 Post by JenParmley » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am

In July I hit a bridge and damaged the rear port railing on our Premier pontoon. We ordered a new port rear side at the end of July through our dealer. The dealer told us it was going to take 8 weeks for the part to come in but they couldn't do the work until they were done winterizing. In January they called us said the part was in and they were ready to do the work. We took the boat in. Our insurance guy called us about a week later and said the side was the wrong color. We need the railing to be Atomic Red and the railing was Crimson. Dealer reordered the part. Our dealer is being told by Premier that they cannot make Atomic Red. The boat is a 2017 and Atomic Red was a color they offered at that time. It's powder-coated not painted. Our dealer is telling us that we should wait until the season is ended and then take the boat to Premier in MN (about an 8-hour drive) and have them redo all the rails in another color. Has anyone else had issues like this with Premier? We don't want it to be another color we paid extra to have it be Atomic Red. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. It's so frustrating.

Thanks

steve1313

Re: Anyone have issues with Premier?

#2 Post by steve1313 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:37 am

Are you 100% sure it's actually powder coat and not paint? Assuming it's coated, could you have a local powder coater recoat it to the correct color? I know powder coat powder can't be tinted like paint can, but a quick google search found this.
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-atomi ... gKlhPD_BwE

Not sure if that's the right color, but it might be worth a try.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia